Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Toshiba tv troubleshoot/morph

On 8/22/2012 10:46 AM, Steve B wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
I have a large flat screen Toshiba, about six or seven years old. It just
goes off by itself while I'm watching it. I need to dig for the
instructions, and see maybe if there is a sleep timer set on it for turning
it off for inactivity. Lately, I notice that it goes off sooner.

It is one of the three bulb rear projection screen models. Last time, I
heard that dust in the unit could cause overheating, so tomorrow, I will
take the covers off and blow it out with compressed air.

Is this a common thing with you Toshiba owners? Does it indicate
overheating because of dust, or maybe it needs new bulbs? I'll dig for
the instructions tomorrow, but would appreciate any input you might have
in the meantime.

Steve

Samsung, sorry. Symptoms the same.

it's not the bulbs. if one of them were going, you'd lose colors in the
image. it also wouldn't come back to a normal picture.