Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Toshiba tv troubleshoot

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:05:08 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Likewise, I just fixed kid's 21" LCD monitor by replacing 4 caps in
power supply circuit. Symptom was it turns on and goes off in few
minutes over and over. Cost was just time spent. I had some caps in my
hell box. Other than working voltag, cap. value does not have to be
exact match.

Well, too low and you'll start to see problems as the PSU won't be
outputting nice clean DC, and if the replacement caps aren't rated for
the same temperature band then they might cook themselves pretty quickly.
The ones that seem prone to 'capacitor plague' are often low-ESR types,
too.

cheers

Jules