Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Hiding places

On Aug 22, 3:05*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:52:31 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

wrote:
My car has the proximity device so I don't have to reach into the
pocket. *I'd like to have it on the house for when you come home and
are carrying some bags of groceries.

I have a question about those 'proximity' keys. *How do you keep the
doors locked
whenyou are in the car? *Is it disabled when the engine starts or
something?

Harry K

The fob does not unlock the doors, it allows them to be unlocked when
I just touch the button on the door handle. (although I think some do
unlock them) It is also impossible to lock it in the car. *The sensor
knows if it is *inside or outside of the car and will not allow you to
manually lock the doors from the handle if the fob is inside.

The doors lock when I put the car in gear and they can also be locked
with a button on the arm rest.

You can also program how some functions work. *One touch can open only
the driver's door or you can change it to unlock all doors.

Thanks. Good explanation.