Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default ot technology:

On 8/22/2012 9:50 AM, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:23:01 -0500, Swingman wrote:
I'm on my third iPad, and in my third year running day to day operations
in construction/remodeling using an iPad (DropBox and Priority Matrix
are my main goto apps, among others).

Is or was your Dropbox free for a limited period and/or are you paying
for it now? My recently purchased Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a 50
gig (I think) free Dropbox account for two years and then they'd start
charging for it.

So far, I've resisted the urge to use the Dropbox because I know I
wouldn't be interested in paying for it after those two years lapsed.
I just don't what to get into the habit of using and relying on it,
despite all the advantages that it offers. But then, I don't have
anywhere near the organizational needs that you have with your
business.

Actually, I'm still using the free version of DropBox.

As a project ends, and I no longer need to access that specific
information out in the field, I simply copy the associated folder/files
back to my office hard drive(s) (where a copy is also automagically also
uploaded to Carbonite), and delete them from DropBox.

A plus is that I can also access the files that were removed from
DropBos with Carbonite's iPad app if need be, although that need rarely
has arisen, and then it is just for a quick reference, with no need to
perform any operations.

That way I have been able to keep my Dropbox account within the limits
of their free service, and have not even come close to bumping the limit.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010