Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT accurate time checks?

sm_jamieson formulated on Wednesday :
The other morning, my "Rugby" alarm clock was about 6 minutes out. I was
listening to the radio and used to seeing the pips and seconds on the clock
synchronised.
Since the clock cannot have drifted that far in 24 hours, I'm guessing it
must have misread the Rugby time signal. I switched the sync off and then
back on, and it corrected the time within a few minutes !
Simon.

It carries a checksum, so both the data and the checksum must have been
corrupted enough to match each other, or the more likely explanation
the clock had simply failed to manage a sync for several days.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)