Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro_uk[_2_] Jethro_uk[_2_] is offline

Default OT accurate time checks?

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:51:33 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Ramsman wrote:

I noticed during the BBC Olympic broadcasts that the stadium clock was
about seven seconds behind my watch.

If you were in the stadium I expect the clock would have agreed with
your watch, most of the the delay if watching on digital TV will come
from compressing it before transmission and decompressing it after
receiving to display the picture.

Walking around the TV section of a large department store recently, SWMBO
noticed that the TVs all seemed to be showing the same channel at
slightly different times - some were a good second out.