Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Fixing Lock-out Door Knobs

On Aug 21, 2:02*pm, sam E wrote:
On 08/20/2012 04:59 PM, AaronL wrote:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:51:49 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Only problem with hiding a key in the garage is the slim chance that
someone is locked out *and* the GDO or power fails at the same time.

I know...what are the odds?

Why not just hide it outside? There are thousands of good places
(besides under the doormat :-). I hide mine near a house corner under
my landscape rocks in a small waterproof bag. I've only needed it once
in 12 years.

For hiding keys:

Choose the hiding place yourself and be careful who you tell. I suppose
you haven't posted your actual hiding place.

DON'T choose a place anyone else has mentioned as a place to hide keys.

DON'T use anything advertised for hiding keys.

DON'T just hide a key, place a key vault outside in
a protected location so that only you and people you
have given the code to can access and use the keys...