Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Miller Rob Miller is offline

Default Sticky Binoculars

"HellyB" wrote:
We have a nice pair of "rubberised" binoculars, but the "rubber" has
recently become quite sticky to the touch. Washing up liquid and other
gentle cleaners have had no effect.

Any other possible ways of removing the stickiness? (Apart from angle
grinders, of course).

--
Ian

I removed the gunge on my rubberised binoculars with neat washing up liquid
but it took me an hour or so of repeated treatments. I smeared the washing
up liquid on and left it to soak in for about 10 minutes then rubbed it off
with a cloth also soaked in neat washing up liquid, and kept repeating that
until all the gunge came away. That was about a year ago, I have just
checked them and they are still gunge-free.