Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

Han wrote:

I'm speaking on this because as I see it, Romney and his "friends"
(ilk has a bad connotation, and I don't mean that) want to have taxes
on their incomes reduced, while in effect increasing the burdens on
middle and lower incomes.

So - you just made an accusation there Han. Let me paraphrase it as I read
it... I read that to say that rich folks want to reduce thier tax burden
and let others pick it up. It is the latter of that paraphrase that I
disagree with. Have you ever know a millionaire - or a billionaire? Have
you ever spoken with them? Do you have any idea what people with that kind
of money actually do contribute in terms of real tax dollars, and in terms
of charitable contributions? I have. More than one, more than two and more
than ten. Certainly - their focus is different than that of you and I.
But - you sir do a great disservice to at least a very large percentage of
the rich population with your (again...) unfounded beliefs. You might be
well served Han, as I suggested in a totally different thread, to look out
beyond your own unfounded thoughts, and check out that world around you,
that you speak about.

--

-Mike-