mp

Default Solid Oak or Maple Laminate for kitchen cabinet doors

Does anyone know where I could buy a similar, solid wood,
edge glued laminate? But, made out of oak or maple?
I live in the Boston area.

You could try a kitchen countertop place. They'll probably have the
laminate, but be prepared to pay a lot more for the wood.

I've actually refurbished a kitchen using pine laminate shelving for the
doors and drawer fronts. With a dark red-brown dye stain and semi-gloss
clear it looked great.

All of the prospective buyers who went through the house oohed and aahed at
the wood, and it definitely helped sell the house. The lesson to me was that
even the cheapest materials can be made to look good, and the quality of the
finish is just as important as the quality of construction.