Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug Gernot Hassenpflug is offline

Default What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at home from non OEM toner?

"J.G." writes:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:56:16 +0900, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

The chipped inks (you canot get unchipped one anymore as far as I know)
require a chip clearer (USB-attached to my PC) to reset the counter on
the cartridge, or else the printer will register it as empty.

Are you saying that the Canon inks that you buy are now chipped?

If so, that's a pain.

Yes, they are all chipped. The last unchipped ones I think were the
"3" series (OK, I know the names are different in the rest of the
world), used on the MP710/MP740 (similar to the MP700/730, so pretty
old). These were replaced by the chipped "6" series and later types.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug