Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Sanyo microwave oven EM-S1057

wrote:
I have a faulty Sanyo microwave oven EM-S1057, whereby the tray rotates
and the bulb lights up but there is no heat produced. With the help of
repairfaq site I managed to trace the faulty to a shorted magnetron. The
magnetron is of the Galanz type part number M24FB-210A and it is available online.

However I am a little reluctant to replace the magnetron since I am
afraid other components might be faulty and the repair cost would not be feasible.

Is it safe to check the voltages of the high voltage transformer with
the magnetron unplugged?

Thanks in advance.

Vernon

I think the transformer needs a load.