Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Gun Nuts

" wrote in
:

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 07:11:44 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:49:37 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:52:28 -0500, "Atila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
om...

Regardless what laws there are or are not, gun control has to
change. I don't want us to live in the wild west.

Funny you should raise that point
First off, the image of the "Wild West", shootout in corrals, and
all that nonsense, is PURE HOLLYWOOD FICTION.
The so-called Wild West was actually quite safe and peacefully.

Secondly, there was a study done on a town called Bodie, Ca, which
was involved in the Gold and silver rush of California in the late
1800s Here's a reference to it:
http://www.guncite.com/wild_west_myth.html

And even though EVERYONE was armed, and the town was full of young
single men, there was less crime there than in the East Coast
cities and towns that were FAR MORE strictly gun controlled.
Why do you think that is ??

Oh and by the way, strict gun-control Chicago has the equivalent of
ONE Aurora, CO. shooting every 10 days so far this year
Looks like Chicago is much closer to your Hollywood fantasy of the
"Wild West"
And yet Chicago is one of the STRICTEST gun-control cities in
the US.

Let me get this straight, you take a study about one town and
expect me to believe that every other town at that time to be the
same? Gimme a break.

I already DID give you a break, dummy
I already gave you 3 web sites where you could start your education
on the subject
Instead, you're still here being stupid.

As I said elsewhere, the so-called "Wild West" was a fictional
creation by pulp writers and Hollywood
Your ignorance is not really my problem

I'll repeat myself.... I don't want lunatics with guns.

so,in a futile effort to achieve that,"Doug" would disarm all the ODCs and
leave them defenseless against crazies and criminals armed with guns OR
other weapons.
that's throwing out the baby with the bath water.
to TRY to prevent a FEW such shootings,"Doug" would allow ODCs to be preyed
upon in MUCH greater numbers.

FEDGOV is "missing" over 1000 of their guns as of 2003,some being full-auto
machine guns. that does not include US military arms losses. Then state and
local law enforcement have guns stolen from their vehicles frequently.
Former Orlando POLICE CHIEF Val Demings had her service handgun stolen from
her unmarked SUV,and over a year later,it still hasn't been recovered. OPD
has "lost" 2 AR-15 kits,and had 2 machine guns stolen from vehicles.

Criminals and lunatics will always be able to get (or build) guns.
Unabomber Ted Kaszinski made a handgun in his remote Idaho cabin,using only
hand tools. the Pathans of Pakistan make them in home shops,even AK-47s.

I don't want you to have a gun, either. You might live long enough to
procreate.

If you have a better way to control this, fine.

there is no way to control what guns get stolen or sold in straw purchases.
you can penalize -after the fact-,but you can't prevent them from
happening.

Tell them that guns are *scary*! what a maroon!

"Doug" apparently is incapable of comprehending this statement;

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and
law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own
conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the
law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the
lawless will allow...
For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to
accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals.
Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate
themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."
---------- Jeff Snyder

Of course,he will miss the entire point and claim he's not trying to ban
guns,just to restrict them (somehow)only to good citizens.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik