Bernie Hunt

Default LI Woodworker's Show

John,

As a member, thank you for the kind words! You are always welcome here on
the island as you guys have always made us welcome up in Saratoga.

Bernie

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
I went to the LI Woodworker's Show today via a bus trip with other members
of the Northeastern Woodworkers Association.

It was a nice show! There were plenty of vendors there to drain the funds
from your wallet and I saw some good prices on big iron. The items made by
club members were interesting to review also... I even saw a piece that

was
entered in the same category as my chest of drawers at Woodworker's

Showcase
last month! It never occurred to me to enter the chest in the LI show but

suppose the logistics of getting it there and back would have been quite a
challenge. I'm not sure how far it is in miles but it took us about 3

hours
of drive time to get there from my Mid-Hudson location on the bus. Making

six + hour round trip a couple of time in three days would have taken all
the fun out of it!

Personally, I enjoy going to the seminars at these shows. The one today by
Mario Rodriquez, "Transitional Corner Chair" was very interesting. Using a
corner chair as his model he explained a lot about the details that make a
piece of furniture interesting and well made... the details that the

judges
look for when they judge items at shows. It was the kind of information

that
I can use while constructing future pieces.

If there's a bus trip next year and the timing works out I anticipate

going
to the show again. I'd recommend dropping by Sunday 4/18 if you have the
time.

John