Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fixing Lock-out Door Knobs

I know of no such way. Replace.

(I'm a self employed locksmith, since 1986. I've worked on a lot of locks.)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pavel314" wrote in message
I just had some entry doors installed and it turns out that the door knobs
are the lock-out kind. By that I mean that you don't have to unlock the
knobs to open the door from the inside. If you happen to forget that they're
locked, you can walk out, close the door, and find you're locked out.

Is there any way to modify this sort of knob so that it requires actual
unlocking before going out? I'd hate to have to replace both knobs.

Paul