Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default new tv

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:07:13 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Aug 19, 3:37*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:24:00 -0400, cj wrote:

Can you reveal the model? Some flat panels have speakers acceptable *for
average needs and many don't. You may have the latter.
The first tv that I bought and returned was a Polaroid ( 22 inch) and
the one I have now is a Westinghouse (22 inch). Both have a hollow
sound, no mater how much bass and treble adjusting I do.
Thanks, CJ

Both are low end brands, possibly made on the same assembly line in
China. *Go for a Samsung, LG, Panasonic, etc. and you may have better
luck. *Be sure to listen to one in the store for comparison.

And also, it's a 22" which I would think would limit the
sound quality as well. Even in a 42" the sound isn't
real great. Hard to imagine it's due to the cable signal,
if he has a decent pic.

I didn't read the entire thread yet but does this 22" have the ability
to connect external speakers? I'm thinking that might improve the
sound to some degree. Of course if he's on a budget, this is an
added expense perhaps.