Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_6_] Gunner[_6_] is offline

Default Followup on Welder from Iggy

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 06:07:08 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 8/19/2012 8:52 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:14:17 -0500, wrote:

On 8/19/2012 5:58 PM, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

It could come from a different factory in a different province. Your
confidence (such as it is) has to come from HF itself.

My point exactly. I have _zero_ confidence in HF being anything other
than the cheapest they can find...

Thats always a bad thing? Meets the specs for the lowest possible price
and its a bad thing?? for something like this???

_WHAT_ spec's does it meet? That's the problem--they don't provide any.

Of course they do. They meet or exceed the Ansi standards listed by
another poster.

Im curious..what is your problem with HF? Obviously you have one. What
is it?

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper