Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Klaatu Klaatu is offline

Default Automotive electronics

"Charles" wrote in message

And it gets worse....in my 2007 Chevy Cobalt, the turn signal clicker, the
key-in-ignition warning, and the seat belt warning are all run thru the
radio amplifier, and are sent to the driver side front speakers. Change
the
radio, or lose the amp, and you have no sounds.

At last! A kindred sufferer! My car has been a nightmare with
intermittent electrical and electronic problems.

Just say no to the add on junk that they cannot service!

The front speakers on the aforementioned Cobalt have been popping on and off
for some time now, so since today was cooler, I removed the radio to check
connections. Low and behold, the unit in the dash is only the tuner and CD
player....no amp! Weighs about half a pound, and has NO heat sinks. Has
very, very anemic size wiring harnes, power side is the largest wire, and
its smaller than lamp cord. I cleaned the contacts on all the plugs and
reinstalled it. Still no front speakers, turn signal clickers, or
key-in-ignition sounds. It sat in the sun for 6 hours and got toasty inside
and I decided to go into town. Started the car, and everything worked.
From past experience, it won't work when its cool in the morning.
Now all I have to do is find out where they've hidden the actual amplifier.
I bought this car without all the things that have failed on me in the past,
power windows, power seats, whistles and bells, and I STILL got burnt.
Anybody know where the audio amplifier is on a 2007 Chevy Cobalt?
TIA