Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at home from non OEM toner?

In article ,
"J.G." wrote:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 17:40:04 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

FWIW, printing on a laser printer is MUCH less expensive, per page, than
an inkjet, when buying the OEM supplies.

I have no experience with color laser printers.
Does that price comparison hold for color lasers also?

Yep. I've got a Dell inkjet AIO at work. I use it a lot, and it's
expensive to feed. Something like $130 for 3 black and one color
cartridge, ordered together.

OTOH, I have a Dell color laser at home, and although new cartridges are
expensive, I have yet to buy any. It's a cost-per-page advantage of 5 or
10 to 1.

BTW ...

All I know is that refilling my B&W 92A (aka C092A) toner cartridge with
250 grams of black toner costs about $5 plus tax/shipping.
An empty used-once HP 92A/C092A cartridge costs another $5 (plus
tax/shipping).

A new HP 92A/C092A cartridge is about $34 (plus tax/shipping) on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/HP-LaserJet-Ca.../dp/B00000JF58

Note: I see a new non-HP C092A-compatible cartridge for as low as $12,
but the reviews of this cheap alternative are horrific:
http://www.amazon.com/Compatible-C40.../dp/B00111WM62