Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default new tv

On 08/19/2012 04:07 PM, wrote:
On Aug 19, 3:37 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:24:00 -0400, cj wrote:

Can you reveal the model? Some flat panels have speakers acceptable for
average needs and many don't. You may have the latter.
The first tv that I bought and returned was a Polaroid ( 22 inch) and
the one I have now is a Westinghouse (22 inch). Both have a hollow
sound, no mater how much bass and treble adjusting I do.
Thanks, CJ

Both are low end brands, possibly made on the same assembly line in
China. Go for a Samsung, LG, Panasonic, etc. and you may have better
luck. Be sure to listen to one in the store for comparison.

And also, it's a 22" which I would think would limit the
sound quality as well. Even in a 42" the sound isn't
real great. Hard to imagine it's due to the cable signal,
if he has a decent pic.

Even the big ones will likely sound flat, as the speakers are really
there to simply allow the thing to be demonstrated in the store; most
consumers are going to at a minimum use one of those "sound bar" things
and really the majority will be using an A/V receiver/amp with a set of
small (and some people will go large!) 5.1 or 7.1 speakers.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel