Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

In article ,
says...

J. Clarke wrote:

That's because Microsoft and Apple are not exactly monopolies: they
have robust and effective competitors. Their competitors are
themselves.

It's rather ridiculous to talk about "MS and Apple monopoly" given
that the two are arch-rivals and that Apple would prefer that no Apple
product ever run a single line of Microsoft code.

Uh, much of the code that runs on an Apple was written by Microsoft. For
example, MS-Word.

I'm sorry, but a single office suite does not constitute "much of the
code that runs on Apple". I did not say that there is no Microsoft code
that runs on Apple, I said that Apple would prefer that there not be.

Note that Word runs on Linux, too, so I guess there's a "MS and Linux
monopoloy".