Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Followup on Welder from Iggy

On 8/19/2012 3:43 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:40:45 -0500, wrote:
On 8/19/2012 9:08 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
My HF (actually Western Safety) still works, ...

I have no doubts as to the safety provided by the unit, ...

I can't bring myself to trust HF QC to that point...maybe they are
ensuring the glass _always_ meets ANSI Z-spec's but I just am not that
sure they care ...

Of all the HF stuff out there..the autodark hoods are one of their best
items....

Well "their" w/ HF is all relative. I see today they're saying "Chicago
Welding" brand. W(ho)TH is Chicago Welding? Some noname Chinese
importing outfit in all likelihood. One can't find a thing out about
them other than HF sells stuff w/ the brand.

Who knows what spec's they actually meet and where do you go to find out?

Maybe they're as good as anybody else's but I don't have much confidence
that the next one will be the same as somebody else's was.