Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Do any of the realtors use broadband as a selling point for homes?

On Aug 18, 9:34*pm, "
wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 20:23:06 -0700 (PDT), Harry K
wrote:

On Aug 18, 10:26 am, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 09:48:39 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

wrote:

I did get broadband through century link - hah! The promies 5 meg.
Tech stepped otu of truck an said:
"I don't care what they promised you, you ain't gonna get 5 megs,
mayby 1 meg". He tuned up every junction box from my house to town
and got me 640k on a good day. Still beat dial-up by a mile.
Neighber down the road from my 1/4 mile tried for broadband. Tech: No
way!

Harry K

Hmm. I recently moved from Cox Cable (3Mbps) to Century Link. ADSL
and promised 10Mbps. I get an average of 8.x Mbps down and ~ 1.x Mbps
up.

The quality of lines, new connectors and the router - Cisco (includes
wireless) all make a difference in ADSL speed quality. This comes down
a fiber optic line, then copper to the house.

DVR, Set top box for each TV, price lock for 5 years, $150.00 gift
card, phone line with all the whistles free, etc.

I'm very happy compared to Cox Cable.
--

That is the annoying part here. *A huge fiber optic line runs right
past my house just 100 " away. *It is the major feed between towns, no

You think they can tap that just for you?

Of course I don't. Why did you think I did?

Harry K