Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Followup on Welder from Iggy

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 07:08:44 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 08/18/2012 04:52 PM, Gunner wrote:

The Harbor Freight hoods work just fine. Ive got 2 in the rack and I
may grab one of them, or the $450 Openel. Whichever is closest.

My HF (actually Western Safety) still works, but if you look at a
fluorescent bulb with it, the shading across the lens is not uniform.
There are darker and lighter areas, sort of like a nebula nebula would
look in b/w.

I don't know if they are all like this, or maybe I just got a bummer
element.

I have no doubts as to the safety provided by the unit, but it has
likely added an additional level of difficulty to my welding.

Do you see the nebula during welding? No, I didn't think so.
In that case, it doesn't, sorry.

Jon ---- blaming his helmet

LJ, shaking his head and laughing.

--
The business of America is not business. Neither is it war. The business
of America is justice and securing the blessings of liberty.