Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Followup on Welder from Iggy

On 8/19/2012 9:08 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

My HF (actually Western Safety) still works, but if you look at a
fluorescent bulb with it, the shading across the lens is not uniform.

I have no doubts as to the safety provided by the unit, but it has
likely added an additional level of difficulty to my welding.

I can't bring myself to trust HF QC to that point...maybe they are
ensuring the glass _always_ meets ANSI Z-spec's but I just am not that
sure they care whether their vendors really do what they say they do or
not in pursuit of bottom-dollar pricing...but maybe I'm just paranoid