Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] missingchild@brainchampagne.com is offline

Default Questions about buying a standby electrical generator

Here's an idea- has anybody called the manufacturer to ask? I'd think that if it has the same model number it's the same unit, although with cars you might find the same model made in different factories, even in different countries.

I bought a nice HD video camera last year, then saw a very similar unit at Costco, with a slightly different model number and different color. I called Canon and they said that the only difference is that the Costco model lacked one feature- you can't plug the camera directly into a Canon DVD burner and directly make a DVD, you have to use a computer. Not wanting to buy a special Canon DVD burner anyway (obviously I have a computer...) I bought the Costco model as well (wanted two cameras).

You'd be amazed what you can learn by asking.