Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.home.repair,alt.rush-limbaugh,misc.rural
George George is offline

Default Questions about buying a standby electrical generator

On 8/19/2012 12:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:41:42 -0400, "
wrote:

The John Deere mower will be taken care of if bought at a John Deere dealer.
If bought at Lowes, Lowes will send you somewhere for warrenty work.

Same model number?

A couple of years ago, the local JD dealer was selling the same exact
tractor as Lowes and he would do their warranty work.. He also
offered better start up service and free delivery. There may be other
models involved now, but at that time they were identical.

I can not prove it, but heard that batteries bought from Wallmart look the
same, but internally there is less material than batteries at some other
stores.

If you can't prove it, how did you come up with the conclusion?

The guy selling the higher priced batteries told him, of course.

Unfortunately there is no good answer. The big box version could be the
same or it could be the "special walmart version". Places like walmart
buy enough stuff that often it may represent a production run that is
tuned to compensate for the price walmart names. And certainly "I looked
at it " is the most meaningless way to judge if say bearings are
different, a cheaper motor was used or batteries are not made as well.