Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobH[_5_] BobH[_5_] is offline

Default Outdoor sandblasting

On 8/18/2012 8:56 PM, Ignoramus15734 wrote:
There is a few items that I often buy and sell, such as steel Equipto
desks. They usually cost next to nothing on auctions and easily sell
for $100.

What I want to do is to set up a sandblasting and painting operation,
where an $11/hour guy would sandblast them and then paint with a spray
gun. Maybe he will spend an half hour per desk, sandblasting and spray
painting, and I can charge extra $50-100 for a "freshly sandblasted
and painted" desk looking like a million bucks.

Something to be aware of is that blasting warps sheet metal, sometimes
severely. I have had success sometimes and trashed good parts other times.

BobH