Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.home.repair,alt.religion.christian.baptist,alt.rush-limbaugh,misc.rural
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Questions about buying a standby electrical generator

On 8/18/2012 10:27 AM, Robert Macy wrote:
On Aug 18, 4:29 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
The question comes to my mind, how often does the power go out. Is it worth
eight grand, to have power? And will your neighbors be angry when they see
you have power, and they do not? Somtimes, it's not good to be well off
during a crisis.

Apologies for going a bit off topic here...

You've mentioned this attitude emanating from others before. It seems
a bit frightening to be surrounded by people who have an attitude of
"I don't want it, but you can't have it either."

To live civilly together, requires a certain amount of deference to
one's neighbor's. But, who raised these people to be so possibly
violently jealous of another? That you HAVE to continually 'live down
with the Joneses?'

I hesitate to add: Is it not written have they not read that it is
alright to benefit from one's labors?

Why do these threads so quickly go entirely off topic with no effort to
answer the man's question? He is asking about standby generators and
their differences and the discourse is now on the subject of being civil
with no comments related to his original question.