Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printers
mike mike is offline

Default What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at homefrom non OEM toner?

On 8/18/2012 6:43 PM, J.G. wrote:

But, the comparison starts with scoping out a color printer
that can be refilled.

Are these the specs so far?
1. Photo quality color laser printer
2. Separate toner tanks/cartridges for each color
3. Refillable by the home owner with non-OEM toner

I have a friend who uses a Tektronix/Xerox color laser printer.
It's not main stream, and the toner is expensive, but he
trolls EBAY and buys up toner when it shows up cheap.
He figgers he has two lifetime supplies of toner.

Might be interesting to see what toner shows up on EBAY and
buy that printer.

I bought some mono refill kits for my Laserjet almost 20 years ago.
Never used 'em because I keep buying full cartridges that show
up on Craigslist. Got a closet full of 'em. And another closet
full of $2 garage sale laserjets. Life is good here in B&W land ;-)