Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default Gun Nuts

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:25:43 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK
wrote:

On Aug 17, 2:01*pm, "Doug" wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:46:47 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK
wrote:

On Aug 17, 7:54 am, "Doug" wrote:

GIANT SNIP

I don't have to be a lawyer to know that the handling of guns needs to
change.

You are not knowledgeable of current gun laws or gun use / misuse
statistics.

None the less, I await your well thought out suggestions.......

cheers
Bob

Even if I know the law, it doesn't change the facts. *Perhaps the laws
are good but not being enforced ??? * *Whatever but gun control is
needed. * I don't want anyone without proper checking, to have a gun.
I'm amazed how many think I want no one to have a gun. *That's just
not the case... my thoughts of gun control means to not eliminate
ownership but have better quality controls of them. * And then there's
probably one or two people who don't believe me... well how do you
prove your opinion if I'm not in a position of authority to carry out
my thoughts?

Doug-

I don't see how your situation can be improved......

You don't know the existing laws, you don't know the existing stats,
you don't know what works & what doesn't.
You are making suggestions for "change" but you don't know really know
the existing conditions.
You position & suggestions seem to be based on guesses & feelings.
Clearly not a science or logic background.

You what "better quality controls"..... a lofty goal but based on
what?

I think the saddest thing is.... you cannot see the fallacy of your
position & faults in your logic.

I guess the best you can do is "hope for change".

One last time....research the stats, try to educate yourself.

cheers
Bob

Ok I'll educate myself but I doubt I will change my mind. Yeah, I
like the "hope for change for the better" approach whether I know or
don't know the facts.