Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.home.repair,alt.rush-limbaugh,misc.rural
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Questions about buying a standby electrical generator

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
I hear this all the time for tool, appliances, you name it. When I
ask what the differences are, no one can tell me precisely. Just
differences internally.

If such a thing really existed, Mom & Pop's hardware store would be
smart enough to take apart a DeWalt drill, J Deere tractor and
actually show the difference.

I challenged a hardware store to do just that. I wanted to buy a
miter saw and it was $30 more at the small store. I asked for a
discount, not even a price match, but they would not budge. I got the
line that there are differences. Show me the difference and I'll pay
your price, otherwise, I'm saving the 30 bucks. All I got was "the
distributor told me it was different" B S !

I am not sure what the differance is, but I bought a Dewalt 18 volt drill at
Lowes on sale for $ 100. At work we have one just like it bought from a big
distribituer and the one at work has a lot less plastic on the outside.

The John Deere mower will be taken care of if bought at a John Deere dealer.
If bought at Lowes, Lowes will send you somewhere for warrenty work.

If you look at the modle numbers of lots of large dollar items, there will
be a slight differance. This is so the stores will not have to 'price
match'. Found out this when I was looking for a refrigerator. I think one
had an extra emblem or piece of chrome on the door.

I can not prove it, but heard that batteries bought from Wallmart look the
same, but internally there is less material than batteries at some other
stores.