Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 18 Aug 2012 21:23:12 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 18 Aug 2012 15:49:37 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

BINGO! Corruption encompasses all branches, beginning with some of
the lowly city gov't folks, worsening in state gov't, and
skyrocketing in the totally corrupt CONgress. That's why it will
take the people, all of us, to bring about REAL change in our
country.

How, Larry? We have a Constitution to work with. A very powerful
status quo vehicle.

But Han, you're one who doesn't care a fig about the Constitution,
particularly as a "status quo vehicle".

Keith, that is a non-sequitur to me. Maybe you can explain ...

You're constantly pushing an anti-Constitutional agenda, at least one that
gives even lip service to a durable Constitution.

Yes, the fact that there are amendments to the Constitution means it is
subject to revision (and re-revision, a la prohibition).

Fine. Then amend it, if you don't think the US doesn't stand up to your
Holland. The rules are enclosed inside. Good luck!

Moreover, as I
understand the Constitution, it prescribes a division of powers, with (I
think) the SCOTUS as the last arbiter. AT least that is the current
interpretation. I think it was Scalia who in an interview re-iterated
what Roberts had said in slightly different words. We are loath to
overturn on ideology if the legal phraseology can be interpreted in favor
of a passed law.

What I meant as a status quo vehicle was that Congress has difficulty
making laws (certainly at the moment) that would re-interpret previous
laws. And with that I mean to say that once a law is on the books,
changing for instance dividends and capital gains into ordinary income
for tax purposes is difficult. Lobbyists and all.

Um, that's *not* unintentional. The Constitution is all about "gridlock".
It's not a bad thing at all.

Sorry, I may make less sense now than I first thought. Damned whooping
cough ...

Blame it on the drugs. ;-)

Guys, do yourselves a favor and get the booster vaccination for
pertussis, I think it is call Tdap. I've been sick or sickish for months
now, and the coughing is terrible.

I had it as a teen. Wasn't fun.