Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 16:48:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 16:04:09 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Agreed - despite the unfounded claims that insurance companies are driving
this, I've not yet seen one single piece of proof of this claim.

AIM Mutual insurance is our workmen's comp carrier. They are strongly
suggesting new equipment be replaced with Saw Stop or equal. They are
not yet refusing to write a policy (that I'm aware of), but they are
certainly pushing for safety features like Saw Stop. It was indicated
that it may be mandatory, but that was during last year's inspection.
I'll try to remember to ask about it.

I'm not so concerned what insurance carriers do. They, and their customers,
are free to enter into whatever contract floats their boat. When the law is
brought to bear, it changes everything.