Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cedarsonny@aol.com is offline

Default drilling a 28 inch deep hole

Looks good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Not being a welder, I wouldn't have readily access to angle iron as a guide.. I would have used a 1/2" galvanized *pipe, if the bit fit inside.

*Might be easier to rig a jig for holding the wood and pipe in best alignment, but you likely know more about that metal bracing aspect than I.

Pine roots are nice. If you ever find an ER cedar root, you'll love it. I have several and they look nice just by themselves. I'll have to dig to find them, but will show some pics when I can. I once was a nut for driftwood root scavenging.

The Morganza floodway, drainage for the Miss. R. near New Roads, LA., has tons of all sorts of great driftwood finds, all washing down from half or more of the USA. I used to go collect truck loads and sell them to the florists.... weekend jaunts, good quick extra money when in college.... and sometimes beyond college, too.

Sonny