Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

I was born in the last year of WWII. Large parts of the town I grew
up in (Wageningen) were destroyed twice in that war. I know pretty
well that at times armed insurrection is necessary, and I am also
eternally grateful (that's not a sop) for the Allies who gave their
lives for our freedom. Still, I am rather fearful of white
supremacists and other paramilitary groups, whether left or right.

Those guys though, are not the people who are protected by the 2nd
Ammendment. At least the ones who act out their "anxieties".

But the anxiety that the 2nd Amendment is getting compromised is played
out in front of those, and they (unfortunately) act on it.

Therefore, I would like to emphasize education and discussion rather
then arming ourselves. Here I try to stay polite, and most often I
can indeed put myself into the trains of thought that people who
don't agree with me are expressing. But there are many paths to the
ultimate goal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I like
to express my views as how to achieve that, respecting different
views.

I respect your views, and I hold them to be nieve. But - I do respect
them. BTW - I have always found your postions to be respectful of
others.

Thanks! I know that I am perhaps somewhat naive. I've lived a protected
life, despite or because I walked across midtown Manhattan twice a day
and worked in a VA Hospital ...

--
Best regards
Han