Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

Either that and lots of shovels, or education and discussion. I'm
not against the second amendment, just against wanton violence. (AS
you guys know).

Sorry Han - what does that really mean, and how is it relevant? Your
either/or statement implies education and discussion is superior. You
should have been around in 1774 and you could have saved everybody a
lot of grief with that thought.

I was born in the last year of WWII. Large parts of the town I grew up
in (Wageningen) were destroyed twice in that war. I know pretty well
that at times armed insurrection is necessary, and I am also eternally
grateful (that's not a sop) for the Allies who gave their lives for our
freedom. Still, I am rather fearful of white supremacists and other
paramilitary groups, whether left or right.

Therefore, I would like to emphasize education and discussion rather then
arming ourselves. Here I try to stay polite, and most often I can indeed
put myself into the trains of thought that people who don't agree with me
are expressing. But there are many paths to the ultimate goal of life,
liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I like to express my views as how
to achieve that, respecting different views.

--
Best regards
Han