Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 17 Aug 2012 16:52:04 GMT, Han wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

I believe that earnest effort counts for something. Call it utopian,
but I think that with more effort or drive I could have performed
better. But that would have required even more stress and less
family-life.

Ok - fair enough on the surface. But... who determines that thing you
call "earnest effort"? You - who may be completely uniformed of the
requirements of the job or the industry - or the employer? I would be
afraid of the former (and not because it's you).

Obviously that is part of the direct supervisor's job. And nowadays
often (always?) part of job performance review. While I may dislike the
tree company's people lounging about instead of trimming that tree,
unless it is affecting me, I'm not complaining.

But it does affect you. Perhaps the affect isn't immediate, but it does
affect the cost of doing business.