Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Followup on Welder from Iggy

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 15:40:35 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

dpb wrote:

... I've also figured out that with this
small #200 torch, #12 shade helmet lens is too dark, even when working on
aluminum. Probably it would be right for a bigger electrode,...

Yeah, I'd not had a auto-shade helmet, either, and Dad's didn't fit well
so I bought an moderate one (I can't bring myself to trust HF for this
kind of thing). It's too dark for everything I've done to date since
even w/ a standard arc; can just barely see anything. I suppose again
if I had it cranked full bore it might be ok, but all in all it's not
been the help I was expecting...

--

I have a Jackson EQC and an HF, both work just fine. The EQC has about
3x the window area and 6x the price.

How does a larger or wide-angle lens help when the area of focus is so
small?

--
The business of America is not business. Neither is it war. The business
of America is justice and securing the blessings of liberty.