Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:08:19 -0400, Dave wrote:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 10:22:15 -0400, Jack
wrote:
don't even have a problem with government forcing new saw buyers to
only buy saw stop, so, seems if you are going to let government
mandate wages, mandate what saws to buy, might as well let them
mandate a the price of the saw.

Every conversation you get into, you bring up the SawStop. What Gass
did, has done, or attempted is completely irrelevant because it's the
insurance industry that's pushing the SawStop into businesses.

The issue is the CSPC. They are also considering making the SS
mechanism mandatory.

Agreed - despite the unfounded claims that insurance companies are driving
this, I've not yet seen one single piece of proof of this claim.
Institutional lawyers may be casting fears into their clients, but I have
not seen or heard of one single push by an insurance company - except for
some folks who say that took place - with no evidence. Around here, I know
that the insurance companies are not doing any such sort of pushing - I know
the guy that heads this up for the BOCES in this area. Lawyers - that's a
different story. They promote their own well being by keeping their clients
in fear. And - as you say - right now this is a CSPC thing, and it isn't
even decided yet.

--

-Mike-