Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Just Wondering wrote in
:

On 8/17/2012 2:08 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Just Wondering wrote:
On 8/17/2012 12:49 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Scott Lurndal wrote:
Tim Daneliuk writes:
On 08/17/2012 11:42 AM, Han wrote:
I don't think that (much as I'd want to) we can overturn the
SCOTUS decision that corporations are people (which I disagree
with, as previously noted, but it is now the law of the land).
But it isn't right that people can freely associate in claok and
dagger groups that don't reveal their identity.
So now you don't think we have a natural right to privacy? I
hate to tell you this, but the cornerstone of any despotic
dictatorship is remove said privacy and thereby force people to
either lie or openly state their opposition to the regime so they
can either be "reeducated"
or "removed". Privacy is pretty important. If you don't think
so, imagine being forced to vote where everyone could see your
choices ... say like the pigs in the various unions want...
Absolutely agreed. Too bad that the Bush administration put into
place so many illegal surveillance programs on americans. Not
that the current administration has eliminated them - which is one
of the few things they've done wrong.
Here, here! As republican as I can be at times, that whoe Patriot
Act thing was a legal abomination. Sadly, too many feel good
people in this country fell prey to the impact of 911 and forgot to
get up in arms about that thing.

Probably because it had no noticeable impact on most people.

Yet...

The worst part about a law is not always what it has done, but what
it can do.

Which is partly why we need the Second Amendment.

Either that and lots of shovels, or education and discussion. I'm not
against the second amendment, just against wanton violence. (AS you guys
know).

--
Best regards
Han