Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Jack wrote in :

On 8/17/2012 12:44 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Tim Daneliuk writes:
On 08/17/2012 10:19 AM, Han wrote:
And no, the
oilcompanies get sufficient subsidy now - no need to give them
more, au contraire.

I think you have this wrong. The oil companies pay more in taxes
than they make in profit in a typical year. Here is just one
analysis with supporting citation:

You should actually _read_ your citations to make sure they support
your assertions before posting.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_b..._taxes_excee.h
tml

The citation here points out that taxes paid by consumers (e.g. taxes
paid at the pump or when refilling a farm tank),

Hey, a dimwit at large.

when added to the minimal taxes paid by the oil companies,

Also paid by the consumer unless the oil company also has a printing
press in the basement printing out the cash for taxes.

exceeds oil company profits. That's adding
apples and oranges and comparing them to bananas.

In the words of KRW, Idiot.

It surely doesn't support your assertions. Fact is that the oil
companies make profits, very large ones.

8% profit is not so large, particularly when the governments make far
more than that on oil company earnings, and plenty of companies make
FAR greater profits, like MS, Apple and a ton of others (Not
government motors though)

Please refer to the relevent 10K and 10Q reports for the
actual facts, not some silly blog.

Ask Han what his return on investment is on his $11,000 worth of EOM
stock, not counting his pension fund?

XOM is at just about 52-week high. This is a link to the kind of data
you wanted:
http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/js...fo/Ratios.jsp?
tkr=xom
Currently Quicken tells me cost basis is ~8200, market value indeed
around 11,500. I am currently taking dividends in cash.

Being liberal does not mean I live in lala land. My Dad taught me the
rules of prudent investing, though he flaunted the rules to his detriment
later in life.

--
Best regards
Han