Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
On 08/18/2012 07:28 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Selected SNIPs for brevity not rhetorical advantage

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 00:37:14 -0500, Tim Daneliuk

I used to be anti-min-wage but research showed me that it makes
little difference in the long run. Most decent businesses that I
know of, no matter how small, pay their employees that or better to
start anyway. They get better performance out of them as a result.
shrug

Ordinarily, you'd be right, it's kind of a non issue. The problem is
that we have a seriously wounded economy and the President is
busy executing policy that keeps it that way or makes it worse.
The only way the economy improves is with *Jobs*, and that means
entry level/low pay jobs are really important right now: For people
struggling who will work several lower pay jobs to make things go
and for the economy as a whole. In times like this, min wage
reduces the number of jobs that would otherwise be available.

I have to disagree Tim. When this country was great it was built upon much
more than the lowest paying jobs. The thing that has dragged this country
down is moving everything offshore in the name of profits, and leaving
nothing BUT the lowest paying jobs. So - now we are embarking upon a
journey of becoming a third world economy. Isn't that wonderful? And you
suggest that furthering this by creating low paying jobs just because people
will become desparate enough to take them - is a good thing? We
fundamentally disagree on that point.

--

-Mike-