Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On 17 Aug 2012 15:12:39 GMT, Han wrote:

Jack wrote in :

On 8/16/2012 3:35 PM, Han wrote:
Also, when
companies pay their CEOs more than they pay in taxes, something is
amiss, I think.

Companies don't pay taxes, people do.

The Supremes recently confirmed that Corporations are People. Stuff
that in your pipe and smoke it. I still don't want to believe it.
deep sigh

Then companies should not be allowed to make political contributions.

True. But let's fix it better. Make sure that all contributions go
into a kitty. Each kitty is for a certain office. Each kitty is
divided up equally between all qualifying office seekers. It all must
be spent for the particular election or returned to the kitty for the
next election. NOBODY gets specific contributions, NOBODY gets more
than any other 'contestant', and NOBODY takes home millions just for
trying. It removes the money from the political game. Now _try_ to
get that one through CONgress. Just try. Once we get that into
action, we can start working on the power game in D.C.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.