Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:11:44 -0500, Tim Daneliuk
wrote:

On 08/17/2012 11:33 AM, Han wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote in
:

On 08/17/2012 10:19 AM, Han wrote:
And no, the
oilcompanies get sufficient subsidy now - no need to give them more,
au contraire.

I think you have this wrong. The oil companies pay more in taxes than
they make in profit in a typical year. Here is just one analysis with
supporting citation:

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_b...axes_excee.htm

It is the *government* that is subsidized by the oilcos not the other
way around....

I'm sure this takes into account the subsidies like oil depletion
allowance etc. Takes into account environmental costs, surely!

Full disclosu I own 130 shares of Exxon directly, probably more oil
company stock through mutual funds.

I too own a chunk of ExxonMobil and wish them many happy years of high
profits and low taxes.

The problem in the US is not the lack of taxation. It is the complete lack
of fiscal control among the height and breadth of government...

BINGO! Corruption encompasses all branches, beginning with some of
the lowly city gov't folks, worsening in state gov't, and skyrocketing
in the totally corrupt CONgress. That's why it will take the people,
all of us, to bring about REAL change in our country.

--
All of us want to do well. But if we do not do
good, too, then doing well will never be enough.