Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default How do I repair small ding in drywall PROPERLY?

wrote in
:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:11:36 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy
wrote:

So what's happening out in the middle? Got me. Out of frustration, I
simply sanded off the large repair under another light switch panel,
tack ragged it, and painted it. Almost disappeared repair, but not
along the bottom edges - where it will show big time! But closer the
first time. so I'm going to try just painting and painting to see if
it disappears after 3 coats, like the first spot did.

Bad news. That dent is there for the rest of eternity. It will never
go away. It's there just to annoy you and make your life a living
hell. The more you look at it, the more it's going to bother you,
until you go insane. You might consider checking to see if you have
good health insurance and if they cover permanent inpatient care in a
mental asylum. You will soon be there and stay there for the duration
of your life.

However, there is a glimpse of hope. You must do two things. First,
you must destroy that goddamn vacuum cleaner that caused the dent.
Take it in both hands and smash it against that wall until it's
smashed into at least 100 pieces. Then sell that house, or just burn
it to the ground. Then move to another house. Be sure the new house
has no dents and is 101% PERFECT. Remember, you can not accept
imperfection and you will only live in a perfect world. Be sure to
tell the agent selling you the new home that you can not live in an
imperfect house, and will go insane if there are any dents, dings,
bugs, or other imperfections.

You MUST do this immediately. You're only days away from going
insane. The men in the white jackets are waiting at the entrance of
the insane asylum just for you. They even have your medication ready.

I was typing that out exactly what you said and was about to hit
send...