Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default More On The Gibson Guitar Fine For Wood Use

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On 17 Aug 2012 16:48:39 GMT, Han wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Bill wrote:

You'd have to convince me of the societal benefit of having an
economy run purely on the basis of supply and demand versus one that
provides a little for those that have a lot less than enough. Are you
willing to watch people go hungry in the streets in order to maintain
the purity of your religion (S & D)?

Of course. Hunger is a great motivator.

I saw this scenario on a blog, which I'll condense and paraphrase.

While working in my front-lawn flower-bed, my very liberal neighbors
passed by with their 9-year old girl. They stopped to admire the
flowers and I asked the girl "What do you want to be when you grow
up?"

"President" she replied.

"Oh," said I, "why?"

"Then I could make sure everybody had food and a home," was her
heartfelt answer.

"You don't have to become president to do that. Tell you what: I'll
give you fifty dollars each week to mow my grass and weed the flower
beds. Then you can take the fifty dollars down to the store and give
it to somebody that's hungry and homeless."

She thought for a moment, then said: "Why doesn't the homeless person
work for the fifty dollars himself?"

"Congratulations," I said. "You've just become a conservative."

Her parents became as close to spontaneous human combustion as I've
personally ever witnessed.

Nice story, and perfectly suited to an able-bodied person of sound mind.
There are others, though. Some homeless are sick, one way or another,
some paid exorbitant rents in house that suddenly blew up. And don't
misunderstand me, I don't think that abovementioned able-bodied person
should be cuddled.

Surely you're not saying that *everyone* taking public assistance is insane?
...or that *none* are able-bodied? Surely not.

I hope you don't find your hyperbole a compelling argument not to
provide any public assistance?