Leon

Default ash tree (was unfortunate)

"Peter Hansen" wrote in message
Robert is, I think, quite correct that they *probably* weren't
actually told what we've heard they were told. Note the emphasis,
because this is all just about probabilities, and opinions, unless
one of us was there...

(And thinking it's more likely that it happened exactly as
stated is putting much more credibility and accuracy into the
media than is reasonable.)

And I being a reasonable thinker would agree that they went to cut a tree
down and there was only one to cut down. But then again, this was a one of
the country's most "FAMOUS" trees and one would also assume that it would be
a good idea to double check before cutting down a
Famous tree.