Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis[_2_] jloomis[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting Stairs - stairs.jpg (0/1)

Innovative, nice looking and practical.
I have made similar steps but not with the break in the tread, and I believe
this is the
Jefferson influence?
One set of steps was on a 70 ft. fishing vessel.
john

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 05:55:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
They look interesting if you want to be different. I don't see them
being very practical if you have any mobility problems though. Stairs
for healthy 20 year olds?

With a limited amount of area to place them, that may have been the
only practical means of access to the next floor. Actually, it looks
very practical to me. Not too many will be taking them two at a time
though, not going up anyway.

I know them as "Jefferson Stairs" apparently dating back to and with
some history to Thomas Jefferson/
Here's the unit my [project manager' came up with and fabricated for a
tiny [24X16] timberframe cabin nearing completion in south-central Colorado.

Dave in Texas
[except when in Colorado]