Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
Atila Iskander Atila Iskander is offline

Default Fine, try GUN CONTROL

wrote in message
On Aug 16, 10:09 pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:24:07 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:
On Aug 9, 8:29 am, "
wrote:
On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 00:04:44 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 12:44:06 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 14:30:47 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

Call it as you may, you do not have to own a gun nor a car but if
you
have the money, you may buy either. Therefore like a car, I want
both to have some accountability.

In this case, would you prefer a gun or a car?

Car is more useful to me on an everyday basis but both can kill.

A car is useless if someone has you on the ground bashing your head
in.

And a gun is useless if someone has you on the ground bashing your
head in.

Tell that to Travon, moron. God, you really are stupid.

Your point?

That you're a certifiable idiot. Your point is squarely between your
shoulders. what a moron- Hide quoted text -

Have you seen the show on cable, "The First 48"? They
follow homocide investigators around? They recently had
an update on a murder case from Miami. I remember seeing
it a year or so ago. Basicly they found a guy stabbed to
death on the street in the middle of the night, no witnesses,
no one knows what happened. Eventually the
investigation showed that what happened was you had
two guys breaking into a truck to steal the radio. The
owner saw it from his apartment, got a kitchen knife,
went downstairs and chased after the two. He caught
up with the one in the street. They had a grainy
surveilance video that showed him chasing the guy down
the street, then the two coming into contact. Hard to
see exactly what the interaction was at that point, but
the victim then staggers away.

So, the stabber initially denies the whole thing,
saying he was never there.
Eventually under questioning he changes his
story, saying that he did stab the guy, but the
guy had turned around and raised his hand
toward him, so he pushed him away with one
hand and stabbed him with the other.

They charged him with 1st degree murder.
He lawyers up and now claims self defense under
the "stand your ground" law. It went to a judge
for a hearing to see if the charges should be
dismissed. At that hearing the guy tells yet
a third story, now saying that the victim swung
a bag containing radios at him and he acted
in self defense.

The interesting thing is that the judge bought it
and dismissed the charges. So, here you have
a guy actually chasing down the unarmed victim, clearly
being the aggressor at that point, with only his
word that the victim swung a bag at him and the
judge found SYG applied. If any similar
standard is applied with Zimmerman, there
should be no question that he gets off.

Another rather strange thing, I thought, is that
the police brought no other charges. I mean
WTF? In FL you can stab someone in claimed
self defense and then leave them to bleed to
death in the street without calling 911? I
would think there would be some lesser
charge that would cover that, no?

Of course one difference here is also that
the "victim" had committed a car burglary
that instigated the whole thing. I don't know
what FL law says about the right of someone
to pursue someone who has done that. But
I found it an interesting application on SYG.
For sure if you did this in NJ or NYC you
would go to trial.

Could be there is a law stating that the use of deadly force is OK to stop a
person committing a felony